Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Random Pick Post!

I've decided I'm going to try something different. I hope it's unique and different. I'll try not to copy everyone else's ideas! I've decided to do a Random Pick Post! I've decided to stick my hand into my bag o' Scent Shots and pull out 3. I'll then do a review of these three scents. How does that sound?

First up:

Chantilly Lace
Color: White or creamy white
Fragrance: This smell reminds me of my Nana. But not in a stinky, musky old lady way. It's soft and powdery at the same time I get an airy quality to it. There's floral for sure (I'm not a floral person as most of you know!) but I like it. I believe there's lily of the valley smell to it, mixed with a soft womanly powdery musk. All in all, it's a smell that when you hug your nana, you know you're hugging your nana. You just want to hold on tight and savor the memories. Soft and warm and comforting.


Barbados
Color: Ocean Blue
Fragrance: The first thing I pick up on is coconut. Not a wet coconut if that makes sense. It's like a dried, toasted coconut. Undertone of pineapple, thankfully not overpowering as most pineapple scents are. There's also a sweet scent I can't quite put my finger on, I'm hesitant to say cherry as sometimes that turns people off. It's not prevalent, but there's something sweet and fruity in this! The overall vision I get from this one is sitting on the beach, it's hot, you're under a palm tree, watching the waves on the shore and you've got a creamy, fruity, icy drink in your hand. There's something definitely creamy in this!


Champagne Pomegranate
Color: a slightly burnt red
Fragrance: I can smell this guy when he's sitting about a foot from me! So strong....but so good! This one is sensational! I get the champagne note, (I don't drink so I'll describe it as best I can!) but it's not a bubbly grape smell. It's like a sudsy note in there, almost bitter? sour? (not in a bad way at all!) it tickles your nose! I'm still blown away how she actually has like a carbonation smell in there. The juicy pomegranate in there knocks this out of the park! Ah, maybe it's Fizzy Pop that I smell in  there! I was smelling some other fruity note, I think that's why it's the almost bitter/sour smell, lemons and limes! but they all go really well together. fruity juiciness in a flute. I know things are juicy smelling by when they make my mouth water. This one makes my mouth water. I imagine holding a champagne flute full of ruby colored bubbly bliss! all in all, this one is a great, great scent!

Be sure and let me know how you guys like the Random Pick post!

2 comments:

  1. Nice reviews! And I do like the random-grab idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I think the random pick is an awesome idea as well!

    ReplyDelete