Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

Random Grab #3

Good Morning everyone! I first want to give a warm welcome out to all the new people just joining Candles By Victoria in the last few days! You'll soon find yourself addicted in no time! I first just want to put a link in here for those of you who are new. I do YouTube reviews on my CBV orders as well. I think I've got about 45-50 videos on there now! Homershippo's CBV YouTube Channel! I hope you find much hilarity and craziness, as well as great reviews of great candles there! So, onto the smellies for today! For those of you who are reading for the first time, I usually do a weekly, stick-my-hand-into-my-scent-shot-basket-and-see-what-I-come-up-with review. It keeps it fresh, and original and non biased...lol. I've also put in labels on most of the fragrances, just so that if you're looking for something specific you can type it into the search and it should pop up for you!

Today's Pickings Are:

Daisy
Color: Buttercup Yellow
Fragrance: Oh how I love this one! I originally got it because I had ordered a Surprise Candle (which if you haven't, you should, cause they're super fun!) and I thought this was the top layer of my candle. But, it wasn't. Never the less, it is still very, very good! It's a dupe for the Marc Jacob's perfume of the same name. I don't get an overall floral note out of this like the name would suggest. It's a soft, perfumy fragrance. A soft, clean fragrance. In the description it talks of patchouli. Now, ya'll know I HATE patchouli! I don't smell it in this at all. I do however smell a soft powdery musk, mixed with a soft bouquet. I would love to smell like this perfume or have my sheets softly scented in this. It reminds me of like, a late summer day. A gentle breeze is blowing and you can smell a soft florally perfume in the air. I really like this one and would suggest it highly!

Vanilla Lace
Color: Milky Cream
Fragrance: This one, I originally bought too, hoping for it to smell like something else. I was hoping it would be a dupe for the Victoria Secret perfume. But, it's not. I do like this one as well. It's very, very, very soft though. It's a great mixer for other scents as well. This one is plain and simple to describe. It's soft and powdery vanilla. Not creamy, not baking, just a soft, powdery vanilla. It's really great mixed with Cashmere. (another CAS of mine. Yes, I know, I make a lot.) I think I called it Cashmere Sweater.

And lastly, my wayward, summer scent choosing hand finally decided on a fall scent!

Autumn Leaves
Color: Maple Leaf Orange
Fragrance: I ordered this one when it came out based on a few peoples reviews. It just sounded so odd I had to have it! I think I mixed this one with an apple fragrance and it was divine! Super crispy and fall! Now, onto the description. This one is earthy...not dirt, stinky earthy, it's just earthy. I get a smell of like, green, grassy notes. It's really hard to describe. But, it does smell like leaves...wet, crunchy leaves. Like when you're raking outside in the fall. Where you get that damp earth smell as you rake. I just picture it like, you're out raking leaves, the air is crisp, enough to make your nose just start to tingle. it's really nice. I don't know how it will be on it's own. But mixed it's really good as well!

I hope you enjoy all your CBV goodies and I hope that my little reviews help you in making a decision on one (or two or tons!) of her amazing smells!

2 comments:

  1. Great reviews! I love your descriptions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! Thank you! I'm just glad someone reads the darn thing!

    ReplyDelete